Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sunshine, after the RAIN


In New Mexico, the rain is a blessed event! And a big rain - means the moisture may actually soak down beyond the surface. Such a big rain occurred last night, and this gardener is very happy about it! I have planting holes to dig today, for grapes (Malbec variety), wisteria (purple blooms ready to burst!), and an Akebia (chocolate vine). Last week, I planted a lovely white lilac specimen - Beauty of Moscow. I cut one bloom and brought it inside, to enjoy the incredible fragrance. There is nothing like the intoxicating fragrance of a lilac!

So, for today - blue skies and moist earth - I am off to do some gardening!

1 comment:

burkbum said...

We had a gorgeous warm, sunny, mid-70s day yesterday. Unfortunately, I was indoors from noon to six doing a yoga workshop. I'd have been disappointed with myself had I not done it, but having now dedicated the last two days to it, with more to come today, I can safely say, "...won't do that again." I'd be better off doing my own practice and spending some quality time being with the garden. Enjoy your Sunday!

Blog Archive