Saturday, August 9, 2008

Refinished Wood Floors & Hot Air Balloons!


There is nothing quite like the sound of a hot air balloon rising, particularly when it is doing so right outside your bedroom window as you wake in the morning!  It rousts you right out of bed - eager to join in the colorful morning celebration!  At least that was my reaction upon hearing the unique sound this morning.  I grabbed my camera, a cup of coffee, and hurried outdoors, to take it in.  I had to wipe off the front porch furniture because we had yet another big storm last evening - a big beautiful rain and electrical storm such as I have seen only in New Mexico.  It was fabulous! And we have enjoyed such storms nearly every night this week.  What a treat.

This Saturday morning, I will forego the Farmer's Market down the road, in favor of lollying around home - with hot air balloons, newly finished red-oak floors, and a slowly dwindling supply of moving boxes that need to be unpacked.  And a huge and growing pile of broken-down moving boxes and packing paper, which I really must learn where and how I can get recycled and OUT of here!  It really IS......a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  

No comments:

Blog Archive