Saturday, November 1, 2008

We honor the Pumpkin!


The day after Halloween....and a fine one it was!  To have the pleasure of a child's company on Halloween Night, is a wonderful thing!  Last night I enjoyed a fun Halloween Supper with my family (sans my husband, unfortunately), including our 2-year old grand nephew - who is too cute for words.  For the first time, he said, "Trick or Treat", and "One more", and "Happy Halloween", while suspiciously eyeing plastic spiders and polyester cobwebs.  His mom & dad were gleaming with pride...and so was I.  Our Granny made delicious beef stew and stuffed, baked squash (this one, a perfect recipe I will have to remember to make for our vegetarian family and friends). And I made Pumpkin dinner rolls.  It was my first effort for this recipe, and they came out nicely. I'd like to get the texture a bit more like the Acme Bread pumpkin rolls - but this was a good start.  I ate too many Sweet Tarts and Tangy Taffies last night, which kept me wide-eyed way too late into the night, but what a FUN Halloween!

And now it is November.  Wow.  Everyone is saying it, so it must be true, that time is going faster these days.   Even my children are saying it!  November is the Commander's birthday month - and so, we begin the Holiday Season!   

PS  We turn the clocks back tonight!  Used to be that this would really "mess with" our kitties' internal clocks; but no more.  Our kitties have gone to the great beyond and we still miss them!  

No comments:

Blog Archive