Saturday, May 22, 2010

Meeting Itty Bitty Baby Bird





I've just returned home to Little Bird Farm after spending a very, very sweet week with our new Itty Bitty Baby Bird in North Carolina! Holding Little Piper Gaye, gently rubbing her soft head on my cheek, gazing into her dark sparkly eyes - knowing that she heard my voice and knew me!!!! This is how I spent hours and hours! I called her my little Marigold as her hair is such a pretty shade of red with graceful whorls. Grubepop and I took her for a long walk through Duke Gardens and I could tell that she appreciates the beauty of nature! Throughout the week, it was so sweet to see her Mama & Daddy caring for her, so gently and lovingly! Next weekend Little Piper's cousin Abigail will be visiting her for the first time, along with her Mommy & Daddy! I can hardly wait to hear about this event as our two precious grand babes get to know each other!

While in North Carolina we also spent some wonderful time with dear "old" friends and celebrated our firstborn's 35th birthday in person (wow - 35!!!). And we built a mighty fine backyard chicken coop. It was a wonderful week!

LIFE IS SO GOOD!!!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

How sweet! You have the cutest little "flowers" for granddaughters: Miss Marigold and Miss Cherry Blossom! ; )

Little Bird said...

OH! You are so RIGHT! I simply ADORE both of our little posies!!!!!! ;)

Blog Archive